GENERAL BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- These terms and conditions apply to all bookings made at Genting Hotel, whether made by phone, email, online, in person, or via third party intermediary (e.g. via any third party booking website or travel agent).
- All guests agree to abide by these terms and conditions.
- BOOKING TYPES AND TERMS
- Further terms and conditions may also apply to your booking, depending upon your individual requirements, for example:-
- bookings of 8 rooms or more will be treated as a group booking and the group booking terms and conditions will also apply. Note specifically that different pre-payment and cancellation requirements will apply to any group booking ("Group Booking Terms")
- bookings including any function element (e.g. meetings, weddings, conferences) will be subject to the Hotel's Function Terms where again different payment and cancellation requirements apply ("Function Terms");
- bookings including Spa treatment will also be subject to (i) the Spa terms and conditions; and (ii) (if redeemed against a promotional offer, 2 for 1 etc) the promotional terms applicable (the "Santai Spa Terms");
- bookings made by third party intermediaries (third party booking websites and/or travel agents) will also be subject to the relevant third party's booking terms (the "Third Party Terms")
- bookings made by corporate travel agents will be subject to our Allocation Terms and Conditions ("Allocation Terms")
(together the "Additional Terms")
- We will provide you with such Additional Terms if and when they apply in respect of any particular booking (if any).
- If and in so far as any Additional Terms apply you agree to comply with them.
- We accept bookings via our website, in person and by phone.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to make a booking with us.
- You must be 18 to stay at the Hotel or otherwise accompanied by a person aged 18 or over.
- You will need to provide your credit or debit card details for the purposes of making your booking;
- It is your responsibility to ensure that:-
You acknowledge and agree that the Hotel is not responsible for any failure by you to provide us with accurate information.
- the name(s) and details entered in respect of your booking(s) are correct;
- you have valid identification and the credit or debit card used to make your booking for the purposes of check-in;
- we are advised of any special requests for your stay;
- Bookings are not transferable and may not be resold.
- If you wish to book more than 8 rooms, please call hotel reservations on 0121 273 1000 to make a group booking.
- No booking is or shall be confirmed unless and until we issue you with a formal confirmation of booking with accompanying reference number.
- PAYMENT AND RATES
- The rates for our rooms are:-
- as published on the Hotel's website; or
- as advised to you by email, phone or in person by the Hotel from time to time.
- Those rates are per night and are inclusive of VAT.
- The Hotel operates two main room booking rates, namely:-
- Advance Purchase Rate - (rooms made available at a discounted rate payable in full at time of booking and non-refundable even in the event of cancellation); and
- Best Available Rate - (reserved on booking, payable on arrival, cancellable as per "Cancellations" below).
- Both rate types may be offered on a "room only", "b and b" or "breakfast included" or other basis. You agree that:-
- the Hotel is not obliged to provide items not included in the specific booking rate selected;
- you will in any event pay any incidental costs arising from your booking.
- If your booking is not payable in full at time of booking then you agree that we may pre-authorise your credit card details provided at the time of booking to; (i) charge your card for your stay on check out (including for incidental costs associated with your stay); or (ii) charge your card for any cancellation costs (see clause 6) if you fail to arrive.
- For the avoidance of doubt, room rates do not include any incidental charges which you or your guests may incur during your stay (including by way of example only, use of the hotel’s bar, room mini-bar and the cost of external telephone calls).
- You will be asked upon check-in for:-
- pre-authorisation (if paying via credit card) for all charges outstanding or incurred during your stay;
- a deposit (if paying by debit card) for all charges outstanding or incurred during your stay;
- valid photographic identification if paying by cash;
- outstanding charges on check-out do not exceed the authorisation, or deposit taken on check-in then we will arrange that any un-utilised authorisation or deposit is returned to you. Note that we are not and cannot be responsible for the timing of any necessary action, release or refund from your bank;
- outstanding charges exceed either the pre-authorisation or deposit, then we may retain may process the initial authorisation, or retain the deposit (as appropriate) and you agree to pay any outstanding balance on or before check-out; or
- outstanding charges exceed the pre-authorisation or deposit or otherwise remain due then (as a condition of your stay with us) you irrevocably authorise us to debit your credit or debit card for any and all outstanding charges.
- You may also pay our charges in cash or by cheque supported by a cheque guarantee card. For payment by cheque, the Hotel reserves the right at its discretion to:-
- delay confirmation of your booking until it is in receipt of cleared funds for your stay; or
- Request additional security (for example, a cancellable pre-authorisation or deposit) cancelled or refunded by the Hotel once it is in receipt of cleared funds from any cheque payment.
- The above is without prejudice to our right to request periodic pre-authorisation, deposit or payment in respect of bookings which we may request at any time.
- During major sporting, social, conference and exhibition events certain rates may not be available and/or subject to a minimum length of stay. All rates are subject to availability.
- Group bookings, if any, must be paid in full at least 30 days prior to booking date. Please contact the Hotel on 0121 273 1000 for further information should you wish to make a group booking.
- CHECK IN / OUT
- Rooms are available from 3pm on the day of arrival and must be vacated before 11am on the day of departure unless otherwise permitted at the discretion of the Hotel’s Manager.
- Failure to vacate before 11am (unless otherwise agreed) may incur a late checkout charge.
- CANCELLATIONS AND NO-SHOWS
- Advance Purchase Rate bookings (as a reflection of the discounted rate at which they are sold) are non-refundable, non-transferable and any payment will be forfeit to the Hotel in the event of a cancellation or no-show.
- Best Available Rates may be cancelled up until 2pm on your day of arrival. Cancellations received after 2pm (or no-shows) will incur a charge of the first nights stay of the Booking.
- To cancel your booking with us please call Hotel Reservations on 0121 273 1000 to cancel. The Hotel is not and cannot be held responsible for any retention of Advance Purchase Rate booking fees in the event of a cancellation it is not properly notified of. Third Party bookings may be cancelled in accordance with Third Party’s own cancellation procedures.
- In the unlikely event that we have to change, alter or cancel your booking, or an event occurs beyond our reasonable control then we reserve the right to amend or cancel your booking(s). However, if we do so you may:-
The Hotel shall have no further liability to you for any changes to, or cancellation of, your booking
- accept any amended booking offered by the Hotel (if any);
- opt for a refund over an amended booking offered by the Hotel, whereupon the Hotel will return any pre-paid direct booking fees to you (but not for the avoidance of doubt any sums paid to any third party agents not attributable to actual room rate).
- If you fail to pay us when required or otherwise breach these terms (or Additional Terms, if and as applicable) then the Hotel may cancel your bookings by notice to you. In such eventuality, any pre-paid booking fees will be dealt with in accordance with (i) these Terms and (ii) any applicable Additional Terms (if any).
- All bookings made with or arranged by any third party agents must also be fully cancelled directly with the applicable third party agents (and including but not limited to cancelling your booking in any third party agent system or account you hold with them) You understand that you may still be charged for your stay should you not.
- The maximum room occupancy is two adults unless otherwise stated.
- Children under 16 years of age are not permitted to stay in the Hotel unless accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- GUEST CONDUCT
- General Conduct
Any and all bookings are conditional upon you and your Guests compliance with general rules of good conduct and behaviour. Consequently you agree that you and your Guests shall not:-
- bring any illegal goods onto our premises, including but not limited to, drugs and weapons; or
- smoke anywhere within our premises; or
- bring any pets onto our premises with the exception of guide dogs; or
- bring your own food or beverage onto our premises for consumption;
- bring any potentially dangerous or hazardous materials or equipment onto our premises; or
- tamper with any fire alarms or emergency equipment;
- remove, damage or destroy any Hotel property; or
- cause nuisance, annoyance, or offence to the Hotel’s staff or our other guests;
- Commercial Activities
- that any filming or photography of the Hotel (including of its rooms, general environs, its staff, customers, or its commercial branding) for any commercial purpose is strictly prohibited and subject to the prior written approval of the Hotel’s Manager at all times; and that
- that you will not use the Hotel or its facilities to conduct any commercial activity that seeks to gain profit without the prior written consent of the Hotel’s Manager.
- Harassment / Abuse of Staff
- that our Hotel operates a zero tolerance policy with regard to harassment or abuse of our staff or our other guests;
- that the Hotel may cancel your booking, refuse entry or evict You from the premises at its reasonable discretion in the event that you or your guests engage in such behaviour; and
- If such behaviour is displayed by You or your guests, You shall still be liable to pay the entire booking amount even if Your stay at the Hotel is not completed.
- If you or your guests cause damage or loss to the Hotel, its guests or other property or otherwise breach these Terms you agree that:-
- You will be responsible for such damage or loss and liable to pay us on demand any amount required to make good such damage or loss;
- The Hotel reserves the right to (i) cancel your booking with immediate effect; or to (ii) retain all sums paid in respect of your booking (e.g. to cover damage or loss sustained);
- Refuse future bookings from you; and
- The Hotel will not be responsible for any refund or compensation in the event that you cause us damage or loss or otherwise breach these Terms.
- We may instruct a third party to recover any outstanding costs or charges due to us.
- You understand that there may be a charge for parking and or limited spaces available and that space may not be available for the length of your stay.
- You understand that terms and conditions apply to your car park use, and that cars are left at owners sole risk, and that no liability or responsibility for loss or damage (save as may not be excluded or restricted by applicable law) is accepted by the Hotel.
- You understand that any parking owned or operated by third parties is subject to the terms on which that service is operated by those third parties. In any event you acknowledge and agree that the Hotel is not and cannot be responsible for loss or damage where third party parking services are used by You or your guests.
- GUEST CLAIMS
- You acknowledge and agree that it is you and your guests responsibility to ensure the safety and security of your and their personal effects and possessions at the Hotel.
- The Hotel does not and cannot accept responsibility should items or possessions go missing from public areas or rooms of the Hotel.
- To the extent that loss occurs and such loss is not attributable to the Hotel staff, or the items were not entrusted to the Hotel for safekeeping in a secure deposit box, then the Hotels liability, if any, shall in all circumstances be limited to £50 for any one article and a total of £100 in the case of any one guest under the Hotel Proprietors Act 1956.
- Neither of us excludes liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor for fraud, nor for any other liability that cannot be excluded as a matter of applicable law.
- Subject to (a) the Hotel will not be liable to you or your guests for any indirect or consequential loss, including but not limited to:-
- loss of income, sales or revenue;
- loss of business;
- business interruption;
- loss of profit or amenity;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- wasted time;
- any cost arising from any cancellation of your booking by the Hotel other than the direct booking cost payable to, or otherwise refunded by, the Hotel.
- Except as set out in (a) and subject to (b), where the Hotel is liable, its maximum liability to you and your guests, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or for breach of statutory duty shall in no event exceed:-
- Your booking fee; or
- In circumstances where the Hotel Proprietors Act 1956 applies (see “Guest Claims”) £50 for any one article and £100 maximum per guest
- References in these Terms to “Genting”, “we” “us” or the “Hotel” are references to Genting Solihull Limited a company incorporated with England (Company Number 06601106) whose registered office is located at Genting Club Star City, Watson Road, Birmingham, B7 5SA trading as “Genting Hotel” and “Santai Spa”. This is a registered office address. Please see “General Enquiries” for appropriate address and contact for correspondence relating to Hotel bookings and cancellations.
- A contract is formed between us when we issue you with confirmation of booking. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of the Terms herein whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act or otherwise.
- If you are a non-business customer then you have certain rights under consumer protection legislation. Nothing within these Terms is intended to affect those rights.
- The Hotel shall not be in breach of these terms or liable for any failure to perform any of its obligations where such breach or non-performance arises from or is connected to events beyond the Hotel’s reasonable control, including but not limited to floods, power outage, adverse weather. natural disaster, strike, protect or industrial dispute, or other public events. Where such events necessitate an cancellation or alteration of your booking then Hotel’s sole responsibility and liability (if any) is as set out at clauses 6 and 11 of these Terms.
- If any part of these Terms is deemed illegal, invalid or unenforceable then such part shall be deemed deleted and will not otherwise affect the validity or enforceability of any remaining parts of these Terms.
- These Terms and any claims or disputes under them including non-contractual disputes or claims, are and shall be governed by English Law and the jurisdiction of the English Courts to which both parties submit.
- Any complaint or comment regarding a stay at our Hotel should be made in the first instance to the Hotel’s duty manager at the time of your stay so that it can be resolved at that time.
- Any further complaint or comment should thereafter be made in writing to:-
Hotel General Manager
Resorts World Birmingham
- GENERAL ENQUIRIES
Our Reservations Team are happy to answer any questions that you may have. You can contact them by calling 0121 273 1000 or alternatively you may complete our contact form.
Last updated on 07.12.2016